International Law, Foreign Affairs, and World Politics
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center For American Studies affiliated with the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań is honored to invite you to take part in the 2nd International Conference titled “International Law, Foreign Affairs, and World Politics”.
The conference will be held on Saturday, January 29, 2022, from 9 AM to 4 PM (CEST) online on the Microsoft Teams platform.
𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄
The goal of the conference is to explore the breadth and depth of topics across areas such as international law, foreign affairs, diplomacy, security studies, sociology, international economics, and world politics.
Please feel free to choose the topic of your presentation in line with your passion and expertise. Topics may be of both contemporary and historical relevance, and touch upon all problems regardless of their geographical boundaries. Panels of the conference will be arranged accordingly.
𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑?
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
• Prof. Michał Urbańczyk, Ph.D. (Faculty of Law & Administration, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan; Center For American Studies Director of Academic Affairs)
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies)
𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 – 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
• Submission of an abstract (up to 300 words) meeting our formal requirements and filling in the Speaker Application Form at: https://forms.gle/VXJ9DJMcuw6aDy7z9
• Acceptance of the Conference Rules and Regulations in the Application Form – available at this link: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
• The above-mentioned activities should be performed by 23.59 on January 19, 2022 (we will not extend this deadline)
• Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by January 21, 2022 at the latest.
We reserve the right to select abstracts. The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by January 20, 2022.
PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
• Filling out the Audience Application Form at: https://forms.gle/tm8ZFKb2nn9EV72P6
• Submission of the Audience Application Form should be done by 23.59 on January 22.
Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate);
• Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail;
• The fee must be paid by January 24, 2022 at the latest.
SPEAKERS (2 options)
• Traditional certificate sent via post – 219 PLN / 49 EUR
–– OR ––
• Digital certificate sent via e-mail – 199 PLN / 45 EUR
PASSIVE PARTICIPANTS (AUDIENCE)
• Traditional certificate sent via post – 129 PLN / 29 EUR
–– OR ––
• Digital certificate – PLN 109 / 25 EUR
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: “<first name and last name> – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – <ILFAaWP Academic Conference>”
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two authors, please pay the fee for each of the co-authors separately.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice;
• The fee is non-refundable;
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference;
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two or more speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers);
• The presentation time is 15-20 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference);
• Certificates of participation will be sent by traditional mail within two (Poland) or three (rest of the world) months from the end of the conference. Digital certificates are sent within a week from the end of the conference;
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• During the presentation it is necessary to use both the microphone and the web camera (audio-video transmission);
• Conference Rules and Regulations: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
If you have any questions, please contact us via a private message on Facebook. See you at the conference!