[CALL FOR PAPERS] Free and Independent Ukraine: Ukrainian History, Law & Cultural Heritage (VOL I)
The Center For American Studies Publishing Press is pleased to announce a call for papers for a peer-reviewed, multi-author monograph titled “Free and Independent Ukraine: Ukrainian History, Law & Cultural Heritage” (vol. 1).
The monograph is the first volume of a series devoted to Ukrainian history, law and cultural heritage, published by the editorial team led by Lilya Kurii, Ph.D. (formerly Khmelnytskyi National University, expert at Ukrainian Cultural Foundation) and Michał Urbańczyk, Ph.D. (Faculty of Law and Administration, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan).
Calls for papers for subsequent volumes of this monograph will be held at regular, annual intervals.
𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐈-𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
The aim of the monograph is to present Ukrainian history, law, and cultural heritage from an interdisciplinary perspective.
The Authors of texts (chapters of the monograph) can take up these topics using any research method (such as analytical, hermeneutic, historical, comparative, etc.).
The texts may take the form of theoretical analyses as well as practical and empirical case-studies.
𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐒
• Ukrainian cultural heritage and values
• The legislative, executive, and judicial powers in Ukraine
• History of Ukrainian statehood
• Problems of modern Ukrainian law
• History and functioning of the Ukrainian economy (e.g., based on selected institutional and empirical examples)
The above-mentioned thematic areas are merely examples. We strongly encourage you to go beyond their scope. Moreover, the texts of the chapters may be of an interdisciplinary nature, combining various fields of research.
We believe in the freedom of academic discussion, and we do not censor any works.
Therefore, we encourage the Authors to take up controversial topics and present their own positions. Original and extraordinary texts (chapters) will always be appreciated by the book’s Editors.
𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐔𝐁𝐌𝐈𝐓?
We invite all students, Ph.D. candidates, and experienced researchers interested in Ukrainian law, politics, culture, and history to submit texts (chapters) for publication.
• Liya Kurii, Ph.D. (formerly Khmelnytskyi National University; Regional Manager at the Center For American Studies Ukraine)
• Prof. UAM dr hab. Michał Urbańczyk (Faculty of Law and Administration of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań; Center For American Studies Director of Academic Affairs)
• Rita Halushchenko (Faculty of Law and Administration, Jagiellonian University; Course Coordinator & Researcher at the Center For American Studies)
𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐒
The Center For American Studies Publishing Press collaborates with external reviewers in order to carry out the review process of the entire monograph. All external reviewers have obtained at least a habilitated doctoral degree.
Each review is carried out via a double-blind-review process. In line with this principle, neither the Authors nor the Reviewer know each other’s identity until the monograph is published.
Publishing ethics and the review process are described in detail on the website of the Center For American Studies Publishing Press: https://www.cfasofficial.com/en/ethics-and-review
Editorial instructions are available on our website:
We kindly ask you to follow the rules outlined in Part 2 of the Instructions entitled “Publication of a chapter (paper) in a multi-author monograph”.
The number of characters should be 20,000-30,000 (including spaces and footnotes).
𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓
We accept texts written in Ukrainian, Polish and English.
At the Center For American Studies Publishing Press, proofreading of all English texts is conducted by highly qualified native English speakers (alumni of renowned American, Canadian, British and Australian universities), who have academic experience in the subject area of the text. Proofreading of Ukrainian texts is conducted by Ukrainian native speakers possessing academic experience in the subject area of the work.
𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐔𝐁𝐌𝐈𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
1. By September 15, 2022, prepare a 200-300 word abstract of your text and send it to the e-mail address: [email protected] Within 3 days you will receive feedback as to whether the subject of your text has been approved.
2. By December 15, 2022, have the following documents ready:
(1) chapter text 20-30 thousand characters long (including spaces and footnotes) in Word format (font: Times New Roman; size: 12; Line spacing: 1.5);
(2) 200-300 word abstract of your text in the Polish or Ukrainian version (Word format), if your text is any of these two languages, and 3-7 keywords;
(3) 200-300 abstract of your text in the English version (Word format) and 3-7 keywords;
(4) biographical note about the Author in English (max. 5 sentences);
(5) biographical note (biography) about the Author in Polish – if you know Polish (max. 5 sentences);
(6) ORCID number (obtaining it at https://orcid.org is free, takes about 5 minutes, and will also be useful in the future);
(7) publishing agreement signed by the Author (scanned in PDF) (download template here: shorturl.at/nsxyK)
(8.) a self-signed declaration by the Author that the text has not been submitted for publication in any other publishing house (scan in PDF) (download template here: shorturl.at/nsxyK)
(9) invoice details (optional step);
(10) bank confirmation of making the publication fee;
AND fill in the Google form (with attachments) available at the following link: https://forms.gle/ywfFJdhajufTvv2j7
Completion of the above steps and payment of the publication fee by December 15, 2022, is a condition for joining the publishing procedure.
The model declaration and agreement from points (7) and (8.) can be found here: shorturl.at/nsxyK
𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
𝐄𝐔𝐑 𝟔𝟗 – this price includes the on-line version of the monograph and 1 printed copy for each Author
Note: if your text contains any graphics (tables, charts, lists, maps), please add 20 EUR to the publication fee.
𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒 – 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄
➤ The deadline for sending abstracts (200-300 words) to the following address [email protected]: September 15
➤ Text submission deadline: December 15, 2022 (note: this deadline will not be extended)
➤ December 16, 2022-January 10, 2023: formal and content-related verification of the submitted texts
➤ February-March 2023: the review process
➤ March-May 2023: typesetting/text composition and final proofreading of texts
➤ Planned publication date: June 2023
• We reserve the right to reject any texts that contain serious grammatical, stylistic, or punctuation errors.
• We reserve the right to interfere with the content and format of the texts to the extent necessary to carry out the publication.
• We reserve the right to change the final publication date.
• In the event of collecting a large number of texts, we reserve the right to publish more than one book, publishing the works in two (or more) volumes.
• If the printed copy of the book is to be shipped abroad, we reserve the right to charge the Author with the shipping costs.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice. As a rule, we issue VAT invoices only after payment of the publication fee has been received, except for when participation in the publication is covered by the Author’s university or another external entity. If you find yourself in this situation, please contact us immediately by e-mail. We suggest you pay the VAT invoice yourself and request a refund from the university into your bank account.
• Publication fee, once paid, is non-refundable (since it commences the publishing service)
• Additional copies of the printed version of the monograph can be ordered. This involves an additional fee of 15 EUR per copy and 15 EUR for shipping of each additional copy. We would like to kindly remind you that one Author’s copy (including shipping) is covered by your publication fee.
𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒?
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Editor of the monograph, Ms. Rita Halushchenko, at the following e-mail address: [email protected]
We will be happy to help you!
𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 – 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
Publishing your own works can be incredibly stressful. Trust us and we will lead you through this process from A to Z and you will finally be able to focus on what really matters to you – your research and academic development.
Our philosophy is simple: allow you to publish your work as quickly as possible, simultaneously meeting all academic standards.